If you’re having trouble getting your Zz plant to grow, it might be due to underwatering.
1) The leaves are drooping or wilting.
2) The leaves are brown-yellow.
3) The stem is soft and bendable.
5) You can see roots coming out of the bottom of the soil.
6) The soil takes a long time to dry up after watering, compared with other plants in the same container.
8) The leaves are small and stunted.
9) White powder is growing on the leaves.
10) The plant is losing its leaves.
You might also want to try using a pot with a drainage hole so that the water can escape and your plant won’t be sitting in a pool of water.
ZZ plants like moist soil, but they don’t like to be underwater!