ZZ plants make great houseplants because they’re easy to care for and they don’t need a lot of light to grow. If you’re seeing any of the signs that your ZZ plant is underwatered, then follow these simple tips to get your plant back on track.
2) Make sure the pot has good drainage. Put some gravel in the bottom of the pot to help with drainage.
4) ZZ plants like moist soil, but don’t like to be underwater. Make sure to water until the water drains out of the pot so you don’t overwater.
5) Fertilize once a month.
6) ZZ plants are slow growers, so don’t expect your ZZ plant to have lots of new growth in one year.
8) If you want a faster-growing ZZ Plant, buy one that has already started to grow. These plants will be bigger and able to handle more abuse than a smaller starter plant.
9) They like the soil to dry out between waterings, and you can tell when it’s time to water by sticking your finger into the soil up to your second knuckle (about an inch into the soil). If it’s dry then it’s time to add some water.