There are many simple and easy ways to get rid of ugly house plants. You can donate them to charity, give them away for free, or even sell them.
If you want to give away your unwanted houseplants for free, there are several options available. You can post an ad on Craigslist or another online classifieds site, or you can post a message on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
If you’d rather sell your unwanted plants, there are several ways to do so. You can list them for sale online, in a local classifieds publication or newspaper, or on a market or garage sale. You can also sell plants at yard sales, flea markets, and art fairs.
Before donating plants to charity, it is very important to make sure they are free of insects. You should also take the proper measures for transporting them before delivering them to a charity that will accept them.
The places to donate plants
- Local schools: Many schools are always looking for plants to improve their environment.
- Hospitals: Many hospitals have healing gardens, and they are always in need of donated plants.
- Nursing homes: Nursing homes also have gardens, and they are always happy to receive donations of plants.
- Local botanical gardens or zoos: Botanical gardens and zoos are always happy to receive donations of plants, and they often have special events for donors.
The places to give away plants
- Craigslist: Craigslist is great for giving away free items. Post an ad in your local “free” category.
- Twitter: Twitter is another effective way to get the word out about something you’re giving away for free.
- Social media: Many online social platforms are also great for advertising-free items, including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Signs: Put up a sign in your yard or on your porch to advertise that you’re giving away plants.
This is a good way to get rid of many unwanted houseplants at once!
The places to sell plants
- Online: There are many websites where you can list your plants for sale.
- Classified Ads: You can also sell plants in classified ads publications, such as newspapers and magazines.
- Yard Sales: Yard sales are a great way to get rid of unwanted items, and plants are no exception!
- Flea Markets: Flea markets are a great place to sell small, easily transportable items such as houseplants.
- Art Fairs: Art fairs and festivals also provide plenty of opportunities for selling plants.
Conclusion: There are many simple and easy ways to get rid of unwanted houseplants. There are charity organizations, online classified ads sites, Twitter, Craigslist, Facebook groups, and more. You can also donate them for free or sell them yourself in a yard sale or flea market.