Are you thinking about adding a rubber plant to your home?
Here are five reasons why you should do it:
4. Rubber plants help reduce carbon dioxide in the air and produce oxygen at night, which helps you sleep better. This is a bonus for anyone who has trouble sleeping or snoring!
5. They also give you something to talk about with your guests. Everybody loves rubber plants!
Why You Should Have A Rubber Plant In Your Home
Interesting Facts About Rubber Plants
2. The sap from rubber plants can cause skin irritations.
4. Rubber plants are native to southern India and Sri Lanka. They also grow on some islands in the Indian Ocean.
5. Rubber plants are not real plants, they are foliage plants!
Water requirements: Rubber
Light requirements: Rubber plants prefer bright, indirect light. They can tolerate low light levels but will grow better with more light.
Fertilizer: Fertilize your rubber plant every other month with a balanced houseplant fertilizer.
Soil: Rubber plants prefer a potting mix that is well-draining and slightly acidic. You can either make your potting mix or purchase a pre-made mix at your local garden center.
Spider mites: tiny, spider-like creatures that feed on the sap of plants; can cause leaves to yellow and drop off
Mealybugs: small, soft-bodied insects that suck sap from plants; can also cause leaves to yellow and drop off.